Today’s guest is the best-selling author of Love and Respect, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. He’s got a new book out titled, Before You Hit Send. Today you are going to learn about the 4 things you must ask yourself before you hit that oftentimes catastrophic “send” button.
If you are wanting immediate help with your relationship, please check out our online library of marriage and parenting courses!
- Hours of powerful, relationship changing video content
- In-depth study content, questions, and more
- An online experience based on our best relationship series like Keys to Loving Lasting Relationships, DNA of Relationships, Smalley Marriage Intensive, Homes of Honor, and so much more
- What was it that inspired you to write Before You Hit Send
- What have you noticed in working with couples over this issue?
- How can someone repair the damage if they pressed “send” when they shouldn’t have?
- What are the factors in someone’s life that would lead them to hit “send” when they shouldn’t?
- If I find myself in an environment that is full of untrue, unkind, unnecessary, and unclear communication, what should I do?
- A most significant point of this book is this: If what we think is true, kind, necessary and clear, we need to have the courage to hit send. This isn’t about refraining from speaking, this is about speaking. A lot of this comes down to fear—what would you say to the fearful?
- Before You Hit Send: From external examples to internal turmoil, Before You Hit Send is about the four things we must think through before communicating. In all things we wish to say or write, we would be wise to ask ourselves,
- Is it true?
- Is it kind?
- Is it necessary?
- Is it clear?
Download the Reignite Your Marriage app and make your love list today!
Reignite Your Marriage app on:
Windows Phone https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh4w0qh
Also, don’t forget…
If you haven’t left a review yet in iTunes, don’t be shy, it’s easy to do and it really lets me know you’re listening (and others too). Click here.