You’ve possibly heard that you’re suppose to turn the other cheek when someone hurts you. Jesus said it, which means we have to do it…but what does it really mean to turn the other cheek? It’s one of the more difficult things I’ve tried to help people learn over the years…until now!
On today’s show you’re going to hear the best illustration I’ve ever heard on turning the other cheek. When my friend shared it with me, I instantly knew he had to come on the show so everyone could benefit from this story.
If you are wanting immediate help with your relationship, please check out our online library of marriage and parenting courses!
- Nearly 100 hours of powerful, relationship changing video
- In-depth study content, questions, and more
- An online experience based on our best relationship series like Keys to Loving Lasting Relationships, DNA of Relationships, Smalley Marriage Intensive, Homes of Honor, and so much more
[button link=”https://www.reignite.xyz/” window=”yes”]Learn More[/button]
“But I say, do not resist an evil person! If someone slaps you on the right cheek, offer the other cheek also.” Matthew 5:39
What it means for your relationship to turn the other cheek: it starts with peace!
- Respond with grace
- Respond with compassion
- Respond by serving (above and beyond what he demanded)
- It’s really about being obedient to Christ’s words and doing what he commands.
So if your spouse won’t change…
What if your spouse refuses to get help…
What if your child rejects your influence…
Also, don’t forget…
If you haven’t left a review yet in iTunes, don’t be shy, it’s easy to do and it really lets me know you’re listening (and others too). Click here.
This show was brought to you by the Smalley Institute. If your relationship is on life support, Smalley Marriage Intensive your marriage in two days. Call us at 800-975-8748 or click here for more information on our private, 1-on-1 program for couples.