Today we get to chat with one of America’s best-known marriage experts. His books have sold millions of copies around the world, but for me, he will always be known as the “wrong Gary”. I can’t count the amount of times I watched my own father, Dr. Gary Smalley, sign a book actually written by our guest today…Dr. Gary Chapman. Countless people approached my father over the years with their personal copy of The Five Love Languages. And every time, they’d look my father in the eyes and say, and I’m quoting here, “Dr. Smalley, your book The Five Love Languages saved my marriage. Would you mind signing it for me?”
If you are wanting immediate help with your relationship, please check out our online library of marriage and parenting courses!
- Hours of powerful, relationship changing video content
- In-depth study content, questions, and more
- An online experience based on our best relationship series like Keys to Loving Lasting Relationships, DNA of Relationships, Smalley Marriage Intensive, Homes of Honor, and so much more
The five love languages: words of affirmation; gifts; acts of service; quality time; and physical touch.
- Did you know when you google “Gary Chapman” 22 million results come back in nearly half a second?
- Every year for 19 years The Five Love Languages outsold the previous year’s number.
- He has a B.A. from Moody Bible Institute, M.A. from Wheaton College (anthropology), M.A. from Wake Forest, M.R.E and Ph.D. from Southwestern Baptist. That’s 5 degrees!
- Is it true you were the first person in your family to attend college?
- All the proceeds from his books and videos go to a charity that promotes Christian values in underprivileged families worldwide.
How’d you go from anthropology, which is the study of humans, early hominids and primates, such as chimpanzees to marriage? Anthropologists study human language, culture, societies, biological and material remains, biology and behavior of primates, and even our own buying habits, to marriage?
What’s the biggest fight you and your wife have consistently?
Is there a book you haven’t written yet, but really want to? If so, what is it about and why do you want to write it?
Is there such a thing as a bad love language? My wife’s only one is acts of service, which I think is the worst one of all!
Download the Reignite Your Marriage app and make your love list today!
Reignite Your Marriage app on:
Windows Phone https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh4w0qh
Also, don’t forget…
If you haven’t left a review yet in iTunes, don’t be shy, it’s easy to do and it really lets me know you’re listening (and others too). Click here.