Something happened to me a few years ago that really shocked me. One of my dad’s best friends asked me if I loved Jesus. Really? Of course I do…but then he asked me a question that has forever changed my heart and understanding of what it truly means to love Christ.
If you are wanting immediate help with your relationship, please check out our online library of marriage and parenting courses!
- Nearly 100 hours of powerful, relationship changing video
- In-depth study content, questions, and more
- An online experience based on our best relationship series like Keys to Loving Lasting Relationships, DNA of Relationships, Smalley Marriage Intensive, Homes of Honor, and so much more
[button link=”https://www.reignite.xyz/” window=”yes”]Learn More[/button]
HUMBLE YOURSELF IN CHILDLIKENESS, SERVANTHOOD, AND BROKENHEARTED BOLDNESS – Pastor John Piper (https://document.desiringgod.org/what-jesus-demands-from-the-world-en.pdf?1449008894)
3 Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. 4 So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.
But among you it will be different. Those who are the greatest among you should take the lowest rank, and the leader should be like a servant. —Luke 22:26
- Be humble
- There is a recognition of your own fallenness which drives you to be humble toward your spouse.
- Humility sets the right tone for your relationship
- How can you be humble? What does that look like in your relationship?
- The amount of times I’ve wanted to lash out toward Amy, but the Holy Spirit helps remind me of my own junk.
- Be a servant
- Shockingly this world is not about you. It’s about how you love God and others.
- Make a sacrifice for your spouse
- Do instead of demand
- There is no greater love than to lay down your life for your spouse
- It creates the kind of change worth having.
- Scenarios these commands can help…
- Your spouse doesn’t want to change or get help, be humble and focus on what you can do to change and let God deal with your spouse.
- Sometimes the win/win is laying your life down…when I stayed at home.
Download the Smalley Marriage Intensive Your Marriage app and make your love list today!
Smalley Marriage Intensive Your Marriage app on:
Windows Phone https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh4w0qh
Also, don’t forget…
If you haven’t left a review yet in iTunes, don’t be shy, it’s easy to do and it really lets me know you’re listening (and others too). Click here.
Submit your story and get a chance to be interview on the show! We want to hear from you because your stories of hope and transformation will help others! https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/9nDXeH